Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanskgiving Time!



Hey everyone! Sorry the month of November has been pretty much devoid of posts. Sarah and I have been super-busy getting ready for finals, and for the holidays. We had a great Thanksgiving, and a nice chance to relax. We traveled down to Hertford, North Carolina (Population: 1800), to visit Sarah's Grandma Jean down at the family homestead. We had a wonderful time catching up with family, eating, relaxing, and eating.

I took quite a few pictures of Grandma's house, which is filled to the brim with all sorts of Grandma-esque stuff (including old WWII food stamps, pillows with cats embroidered on them, etc.), but I thought this lovely collection of wooden ducks was especially endearing. Maybe someday Sarah and I can have our own duck collection.



We were able to make some great trips around the area, which is one of the oldest counties in North Carolina. In fact, they even had their own version of a tea party before Boston (it mainly consisted of a group of women writing a letter to a London newspaper, but it's the thought that counts). All in all, it is a very historic and interesting place.



Sarah and I were happy just to take some time to relax and take in the sights. Plus, Sarah's Grandma was a former tour guide, so she could tell us all about the different locations we were visiting.



I took quite a few pictures of the actual Thanksgiving feast, but I decided to focus on Sarah's ridiculously delicious rolls. This is actually a recipe from my grandma, and Sarah was able to make a faithful recreation for our Thanksgiving. We had a great trip to North Carolina, and I was sorry to come back and study for finals (which start next week). Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Corndog said...

Glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving in the colonies...we missed you...buena suerte en tus examines!