Sunday, December 20, 2009

I Cook When I'm Lonely


Most of you probably already know this, but the DC area has been hammered with snow this weekend. There are reports of it being as much as two feet of snow, which is pretty unheard of here in DC. Unfortunately, Sarah went to New York this weekend with her mom and grandma, and hasn't been able to come back since the roads are all blocked. So Pip and I have been trapped in the house for two days, trying to stave off cabin fever. Every five hours or so, I have to get completely outfitted in cold weather gear, carry Pip out to her favorite spot, dig through the snow down to the dirt so that she can stand up, and wait for her to do her business. But at least it gets us out of the house.


Since I had nothing to do and nowhere to go, I planned a somewhat extravagant meal for one. It consisted of slow-roasted beef brisket, buttermilk biscuits with cinnamon butter, potatoes gratin, and cinnamon-fried apples. It was pretty tasty, and kept me busy for a few hours. There's plenty of leftovers if anyone wants to swing by. Anyone? Hello? HELP

1 comment:

Corndog said...

Law School Extra Credit Question:

A 2L who has completed finals is home alone for the weekend while his wife is snowed-in out of state. He should...

Please circle all correct answers:


a) Take a vacation from hygiene
b) Play video games on one t.v. while watching football on another
c) Eat his weight in junk-food
d) Make a gourmet meal for one and clear a place in the snow for his lap-dog to go potty.

I can't believe you missed this one!