Tuesday, November 4, 2008

James Bond Party

So, we had a pretty awesome James Bond party for my brithday on the 24th. We had a few friends over and made some fancy hors d'oeuvres, including (from left to right) asparagus wrapped in prosciutto, pecan-crusted chicken, onion and goat cheese tartlets, bruschetta, and madeleines.
The madeleines were my favorite. I got addicted to them in Romania and now Sarah makes them when I've been good.
Instead of a cake, I opted for Sarah's award-winning chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting. We were able to keep with the James Bond motif, too.

Here I am blowing out the candle on my cupcake tower. I was dressed in a full tuxedo when the night started, but here I've taken off the jacket and bowtie, which unfortunately makes me looks almost exactly like John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever.
The afterparty was a bit less exciting, but overall, it was an awesome birthday. Plus, we went and saw Coldplay this last weekend as a finale to the birthday extravaganza, and that was amazing too.

6 comments:

Tyler Lloyd said...

They should use that "blowing out the candle in my birthday cupcake" pose in a Bond movie poster. Very 007esque...

connie's neighbor said...

I don't think that the "Bond Girl" pictured in the "after-party" photo is going to be added to my list of 007 favorites.

Anonymous said...

How come every time I blog stalk you guys I get so hungry?

Corndog said...

Hey Tyler...I'm just glad that he didn't post the "blowing out the candle in my birthday suit" pose!!

Tyler Lloyd said...

Corndog, you put the Pro in inappropriate...

Ryan said...

I agree with Tyler on that one. There is absolutely no talking about me naked on my own blog.