Friday, October 3, 2014

El Senor Turns One!

We have survived one year of parenthood!  Woohoo!  Seventeen more years and this little rugrat is out of the house!  Let's recap the momentous occasion, shall we?


We started the day off quietly with just a few presents that Sarah and I got for our little guy.  I cannot emphasize enough how much El Señor loves books.  That is literally all he wants to play with right now.  He looks so appreciative/excited in these photos!

We decided to throw a massive bash for the little man, by which I mean we fit about 60 people in our house, contracted my parents to come help for the event, cooked one thousand hamburger sliders and cupcakes, and had a great time.

In all fairness, El Señor is not big on crowds right now, so he does look a bit somber in some of these photos.  I promise he did have some fun at the party.

 That is, until the cake came out.

"Get that delicious cupcake out of my face!"

After that traumatic event, he seemed to liven up a bit and enjoy himself.  Thanks to everyone who came, provided snacks, and for all the very generous gifts.  In all seriousness, we love our little man more than anything!  Senorito, I couldn't imagine my life without you, and can't wait to celebrate a lifetime of birthdays with you.  I hope age one is your best year yet.  Many happy returns.

No comments: