Sunday, April 7, 2013

Our Farewell Party

I'm somewhat embarrassed about this post, mainly due to the lack of photographic evidence.  Our wonderful friends for the last four years, Lake and Elysa Dishman, offered to throw us a little "going away" party over the weekend, as our departure date of April 24th speedily approaches.  It was so kind of them to offer and we had a great time catching up with some of our old friends.  We even had the whole event catered by Cafe Rio!


I started the evening off strong with my goal of taking pictures of all of our friends to save in some scrapbook someday.  I managed to take two pictures of the food, and then neglected to take any photos for the rest of the evening.  So what I mean to say is, sorry lifelong friends, but all I have to remember you by is this picture of tortillas and pork barbacoa.  Maybe it's better this way...

However, as an afterthought, I did get a photo of the tasty tres leches cake that Sarah and I whipped up.  In all seriousness, thanks so much to all of the wonderful friends we have here in Arlington.  Although we're sad to go, there is some comfort in knowing that Arlington will always be our home base for years to come.  And a BIG thanks to the Dishmans (not pictured) for throwing us such an awesome party.  We'll miss you all!

No comments: