Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Five Years!

Believe it or not, Sarah and I celebrated our FIFTH wedding anniversary a few weeks ago.  I can't believe it has been over six years since we first met.  Seeing as Sarah is in Peru this week, I have had a bit of free time on my hands.  I decided to go through and provide a little refresher for you viewers on our five years of wedded bliss.  If I have learned anything from this project, it's (1) I've gained quite a few gray hairs over the years, (2) we seem to visit New York City a lot, and (3) Sarah has had a LOT of hairstyles.

Fall 2006: As most of you already know, Sarah and I met on a study abroad program in Spain.  This is our very first picture together.  In fact, I didn't even know her name at the time. 

Spring 2007: After a very long, drawn-out courtship (by BYU standards), Sarah and I got engaged in May of 2007.  This is one of my favorite engagement photos, which I still carry in my wallet today.
 
 Summer 2007: We got hitched!

Spring 2008: One of our first vacations together.  I think this is Sarah's third hairstyle, if you're keeping count at home.

Winter 2008: Our first Christmas in Washington, DC.

Spring 2009: Rather than stay in town for the inauguration, Sarah and I and used the long weekend to head to New York City (my first time).

Fall 2009: Another trip to NYC (fifth hairstyle, maybe?).

Winter 2009: Also known as the Snowpocalypse.

Spring 2010: Yet another visit to NYC (this time for a job interview), and yet another hairstyle.

Summer 2010: Our trip down to Argentina (maybe it's time I changed hairstyles).  I've been sporting the "Marine" cut for the better part of a decade now.  

Winter 2010: A visit home to sunny Arizona.

 Summer 2011: Law School graduation gala.

Summer 2011: More Law School graduation.

Fall 2011: Fulfillment of Sarah's lifelong goal of flying to Australia to look at some big rock in the middle of nowhere.  

Summer 2012: Roadtrip to Tennessee.

Back to Fall 2006.  We took this picture in France after we had been dating for about two months.  I had no idea we would end up traveling all over the rest of the world together.  It's been a great run so far, and Sarah and I are still as happy as ever. 

2 comments:

Andi said...

Congrats on making it this far! You two are darling! Any chance you're heading to UT any time soon? We'd love to see you!

Elysa said...

I love that last picture! You are such a great couple; happy anniversary!