Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer in DC


Over the last couple weeks, we have been trying to take advantage of all the events going on around DC in the summer.  We kicked it off by going to the Annual DC BBQ Festival, with our friends the Nielsens.


I had the rib tips, which were pretty tasty, and Sarah got an amazing pulled pork sandwich.


I was a bit distraught I had already eaten before I came across this guy's setup, however.


We also went to the Congressional Baseball Game, where members of the Democrats and Republicans slug it out on the baseball diamond.  As you can see, it's not the most well-attended event, but we had a good time.


We had a great time, great seats, and I got a chili dog from Ben's Chili Bowl, so I had fun even though the Republicans got completely trounced.  That's Nancy Pelosi gloating down in the bottom right corner.


We had to sit in the Democrat section, which made me a little nervous, but fortunately, I had Sarah with me.


The shirts we were wearing seemed to help as well. 

No comments: