Monday, June 18, 2012

A Couple of Weeks in Arlington

Hey everyone!  Sorry I haven't been able to post in a while.  As a result, here is a week in review to go over some of the stuff we have been up to here in Arlington.  A Peterson potpurri, if you will.  Also, be sure to check out Sarah's travelogue of her adventures further below.

 

First off, it's become a tradition in our household for me to make some sort of baked good whenever Sarah comes home from a work trip.  This time it was chocolate coca-cola cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.  Sounds odd, but they were pretty tasty.


A week after Sarah's trip to the high altitudes of Bolivia, she was still able to run with me in the Lawyers Have Heart 10K Race in Georgetown.  Sorry I don't have better pictures than these shots in the parking garage.  You'll just have to take my word for it that we actually ran in the race.


We finished in 1 hour, 4 minutes, which isn't too shabby for 6.2 miles.


We also had a Mexican food night last week, where we made roasted corn, guacamole, and deep-fried chicken flautas.


They actually weren't as complicated as I thought, and frying stuff is always an adventure.  


For dessert, we whipped up a tres leches cake.  Look at how moist and delicious it is.  I assure you that Sarah and I stick to a pretty rigorous no-carb diet during the week, so we manage to eat this stuff on the weekends without getting (too) fat. 


Speaking of carbs, a few nights ago we also made our way to a D.C. favorite, Amsterdam Falafel.  Falafel is essentially fried chickpea balls stuffed in a pita with all sorts of toppings.  It's exactly as amazing as it sounds. 


Pictured above: awesomeness.


Finally, the garden I planted on the balcony a few weeks ago, is looking pretty good.  I've got rosemary, parsley, basil, and cilantro, along with some flowers.  So there you have it, a random sampling of our quaint little lives.  Hope you're all doing well.

No comments: