Friday, August 27, 2010

South American Adventure: Brazil Edition


Hey everyone! It's time for the final installment of our travelogue through South America. Sorry it took me a while to publish this post, but I was recovering from the bizarre South American flu-type illness that Sarah brought home from Chile and subsequently passed on to me. The good news is the doctor told us we don't have dengue fever, so we should be alright. Anyway, Brazil was awesome, and a great end to our trip through South America. The first few days we spent exploring the colonial areas in downtown Rio.


We also had to go up the two big mountains in Rio that everyone talks about. The weather cleared up a bit towards the end of our stay so we were able to get some great views of the city. On Thursday, we went to the Sugar Loaf hill overlooking the Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. This picture was taken from the cable car we took up to the top.


The view was incredible, and there were even monkeys up on the hill, although Sarah said they looked scary so I wasn't allowed to get too close.


The next day we went up the Corcovado mountain to see the Cristo statute, which provides an even more amazing view of the whole city.


We had an amazing time traveling through South America. We were sad to go home, but it really was the trip of a lifetime. And don't worry, I still have plenty more pictures to post of all the food we ate on our travels. Adios.

3 comments:

C-DOG said...

I believe I have a diagnosis for that bizarre flu-type illness...you guys are just "sick" about not taking your parents with you.

I believe the symptoms will only get worse on any future trips.

You might want to think about that...

The Boothes said...

Ross and I got to go to Brazil and Argentina while at BYU. Rio is amazing! We loved it. Did you guys get to stop by iguazu fols?

Ryan said...

Unfortunately, we couldn't make it to Iguacu, but Rio was a blast. I saw that you are expecting baby #2. Congrats!