Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sarah's Birthday Party!


We're a little backlogged on blog posting, so I will try to get caught up on things that we have been doing lately. We seem to have dug out of the blizzard from last week, and Sarah and I are finally back at school and work. First off, I figured we should post some pictures from Sarah's awesome birthday party. It started with her birthday dinner that I prepared on Tuesday, which consisted of her favorite meal; beef bourguignon with potatoes au gratin. This time I took it up a notch and made some creme brulee for dessert. Here's an awesome action shot of the kitchen torch.


The meal came out pretty well this time, and Sarah and I had a great dinner together. It's great when times are tough to be able to have a nice meal with one another.


On Friday of the same week we had Sarah's birthday party. We made a pretty ambitious menu of lemon chicken with peanut satay dip, fried polenta cakes with chicken pesto topping, beef brisket wrapped in puff pastry, bacon cheese dip in a bread bowl, and lemon tassies for dessert. Oh, and a veggie plate we bought from the store.


Sarah helped make her own birthday cake, which is probably breaking some sort of birthday rule, but at least I decorated myself (which explains the noticeable lack of ornamentation).


Overall, the party seemed to be a success. We were so glad that so many of our friends were able to come celebrate with us. Thanks to all of you who came!

2 comments:

boulderboy said...

Two Things...

1) I guess our invitation must have gotten lost in the mail?

2) You have a kitchen torch?!?

Ryan said...

Nope. You just weren't invited. Cool people only (maybe if you owned a kitchen torch you would have been cool enough...)