Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ryan's Solo Trip to Chicago

Here are some pictures of my trip to Chicago. I got to go to Chi-Town for the ABA Annual Conference, which was pretty interesting. It's a really cool town. Unfortunately, I am not actually in any of these photos, since I was flying solo and didn't have anyone to take pictures of me most of the time. But I promise I was actually there, and I didn't just find these pictures on the internet. Here's the view of Lake Michigan outside our hotel window.
The Field Museum was really interesting. It had lots of stuffed animals (not toys, but actual animals), including the lions of Tsavo. Apparently these lions killed 140 people in the late 1800s before they were finally shot. Also, they were the inspiration for Hall & Oates' chart-topper "Maneater" (I may have made that last fact up).
Finally, this is a picture of the "bean" in Millenium Park. It's essentially a giant bean-shaped mirror, but it's pretty famous. Overall, my trip to Chicago was fun, but I missed the wife. Fortunately, we will be headed to New York this weekend, and then off to Arizona for a week. I'll check back in once we get back.

1 comment:

Corndog said...

Last night, Elvis appeared to me in a dream and confirmed your Hall & Oates "Maneater" theory.