Friday, September 5, 2008

IKEA: The furniture I love to hate, and hate to love

So, I have lost the cord that connects my camera to my computer, so I have no way of uploading pictures until I find another solution. But Sarah and I bought some awesome stuff at IKEA last weekend. We bought a coffee table, and something called a buffet, which is like a big side table (which presumably you could use to lay out your very own buffet if you so chose). It looks really cool, and if you really want to see it, I guess I can take a picture of it with my phone and send it to you.

I love the furniture now, but I definitely hated it last week. Not only did it threaten my own sanity, but it threatened my marriage as well. Something about trying to find the right wooden peg to put in a piece plywood can really bring out the worst in people, and Sarah and I fell victim to the IKEA madness. Fortunately, we only actually came to blows once or twice, and once the buffet was completely assembled, it seemed to restore harmony and peace to our home.

So I guess it's safe to say the most confusing and frustrating thing I have had to do since starting law school is put together that rediculous buffet (which I love so much), so I guess that's a good thing. School is going well, and the cases I have to read every day are pretty hilarious. Who's sues a bus company for being assaulted in the face with exhaust fumes? People are crazy!

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to go home and play with my buffet, seeing as were best friends now.

4 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

You are still as hilarious as ever! Hope you don't mind me blog stalking you. :)

Lisa Frandsen Stonehocker

Corndog said...

So then...you live in one of the most exciting areas in the nation and you blog about Ikea "buffets" (whatever those are) and "zesty" lemon glazes!?! Where's the political corruption, the scandal, the foiled terrorist plots??? Could you at least call this "Buffet-gate" or maybe change Sarah's name to Monica?

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Buffets and I have been best friends for a LONG time. Mmm...

PS HI BR!

boulderboy said...

My experience with IKEA buffets has been nothing but positive...mmm...those Swedish meatballs....so tasty!