Saturday, June 22, 2013

What's the Story Here?


So, this graffiti showed up a few days ago down the street from our neighborhood, and I can't help but wonder about it every time I go by.  For those who don't speak Spanish, it reads, "TM, forgive me!  I love you!"  Here's what I have deduced so far.  A teenage boy had to have written this (in your head, can you picture any other type of person doing this?).  So more than likely, TM is a teenage girl.  For simplicity sake, we'll call her Teresa Maria.  As for the person who wrote this, we'll call him Carlos.

But that's where the questions really begin.  What did Carlos do?  How long have he and Teresa Maria been together?  What could have happened between them?  Why did Carlos write on this particular wall?  Does Teresa Maria walk by here every day?  Is that her house behind the cement wall?  If so, did Teresa Maria's dad kill Carlos when he discovered what Carlos did?  Did Teresa Maria forgive Carlos?  Is there still hope for young love in a tough town like Juarez?!?

I'll let you know if I find any answers in the weeks to come.  But perhaps it's for the best if I remain in the dark.  In my mind,  I can imagine Teresa Maria and Carlos together again, walking past this wall hand in hand.  Perhaps it's better to never know...     

1 comment:

Tabbies in Tow said...

Hahaha - I've been reading that wall and wondering the very same things. And did you notice that they haven't painted over it yet, like some of the graffiti down the road a bit? A city maintenance worker with a sense of romance perhaps that doesn't want to spoil por TM's chances of reconciling with...?