Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oh yeah... one more thing...

Hey folks!  It's been a busy week here in Arlington, as Sarah and I continue to make preparations for our impending departure to the great state of Chihuahua.  Today I got my second round of rabies shots!  But we're making the most of our remaining time in Arlington: visiting with family (including a visit from my parents next week), buying some bulk items to take down south with us, planning a weekend trip to New York, and so on.  Needless to say, it's a pretty busy time for the Petersons, and should continue to be crazy right up until the three of us head down to Juarez.

That's right... the three of us.  When Sarah and I do life changes, we go big.  Not only are we switching jobs and moving to Mexico, but we are also EXPECTING A BABY!  The Petersons are going to be parents.  We have known for some time, but refrained from putting it on the blog.  In fact, we will find out the baby's gender in just a few weeks!  Sarah is feeling pretty good for the most part, although the first trimester was pretty rough.  Our baby is due in early September, which means if everything goes according to plan, he or she will be born in a hospital in El Paso on the U.S. side of the border.

So, there's definitely a lot of excitement/apprehension around the Peterson household.  I think our unborn baby may be handling the transition the best.  As of late, Sarah has had an insatiable craving for tortilla chips and guacamole, so perhaps he or she is already more adjusted to life in Mexico.  We're definitely planning on celebrating the quasi-Mexican heritage in the name:  Currently, we're thinking "Guadalupe" if it's a girl, and "Fulgencio-Umberto" if it's a boy.  Let me know if you have any other suggestions!      

5 comments:

Andi said...

Super exciting news! I am so thrilled for you guys! Congrats, and keep us updated on all thing pregnancy and baby! Know that if I were near, I would love to throw Sarah a bangin' baby shower!

Jason said...

Congrats! That is awesome news. The two of you will be great parents.

C-DOG said...

Congratulations!
Does Fulgencio-Umberto mean "Larry?"

Ally said...

Hooray! Congratulations! You will be awesome parents. So excited for you guys.

I think you should name it "El Nino." (I don't know how to type that swirly thing over the n.) Or if it's a girl, I guess you could go with "La Nina".

Kay said...

Oh, I wish I could be at your baby shower. I still remember the AMAZING cupcakes you made for mine. I can hope we'll somehow end up near you when the second is born and babysit your first while you're at the hospital like Ryan did for Oliver. We still think the world of him for that! So excited for you!