Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Farewell, Jack!



It is with a heavy heart that I have accepted the fact that 24 is no more. By far my favorite show of the last few years, I was able to sit through the recycled plotlines each year (why is there always a mole in CTU?) just to catch those fleeting glimpses of Jack kicking butt and killing dudes with a flare gun. For my own personal sendoff to Jack, here's a list of some of the best Bauer quotes from all eight seasons.

8. Jack: That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results, but you never want to get your hands dirty. I'd start rolling up your sleeves. (pause) I'm gonna need a hacksaw.

7. Nina: He's gonna put a bullet in my head before I can say "hello", then he's going to turn the gun on himself.
Jack: We'll make sure he doesn't turn the gun on himself.

6. Jack: You have no idea how far I'm willing to go to acquire your cooperation.

5. Jack: Let's get something straight, kid. The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van.

4. Jack: You're gonna tell me what I want to know, it's just a question of how much you want it to hurt.

3. Jack: You make one sound and I will rip your tongue out. Are we clear? Gray... people in this country are dying, and I need some answers. Are you gonna give 'em to me or am I gonna have to start hurting you?
Graem: Actually, you're hurting me now.
Jack: Trust me, I'm not.

2. Jack: (just before killing Fayed) Say hello to your brother.

1. Jack: (while strangling Tony) Tell me where the device is, or so help me I will kill you, and you will stay dead this time.

No comments: